Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

ERIC HAYES MEMORIAL!

Tree Huggers...10...5,4,3,2,1 GO! The racing has begun! Eric Hayes is a memorial race hosted by Park City every year. However, mother nature hasn't been helping any with the warm weather and NO SNOW! Anyway, the race has been moved to Jackson Hole for the series...unfortunate, but on the other hand the trams open!!! I'm going to focus this trip on racing, but maybe some powder skis next time ;). As you may know, I am fifteen now and really looking forward to driving. But if you haven't noticed there's no time for that. Working on getting my permit soon, but who knows how long that'll take. Since we have a week off of training and a couple weeks off school I'll be catching up on a bunch of work. I haven't exactly finished my geography yet..shhhh.

So, imagine this with everything white... PC: http://www.lexskisports.org/2015-jackson-hole-trip
This series started with two days of GS, Giant Slalom, then two days of SL, slalom.  The first day the weather was pretty cold just some cooler temperatures. I was surprised how much my skiing had changed since we had only been in the gates once....that's not the best preparation.  But that wasn't something to focus on.  You have to control the controllable's, and just go with the rest. Next, more racers came and the points were even lower the second day, but I didn't ski as well. The third day, the conditions became awful. The visibility and perception changed dramatically.  I had an amazing first run, but skied out second run. Today the rain came in, we raced, and drove home. The best memories were made driving home in our rented two wheeled drive minivan (do not try at home). Driving through below freezing snow and rain up and down the mountains and detouring around. The was a wrap for our amazing trip.

This first video is of Mikeala Shiffrin racing Giant Slalom.


The second video is of Mikeala Shiffrin racing Slalom.


Skiing has always been my passion, and now we can add to that. My passion includes everything that comes with skiing: racing, moguls, terrain parks, powder, and everything else.  Ski racing is 95% physical and 5% mental, but can grow to become 50% physical and 50% mental.  Think of it this way.  If you couldn't do it physically, you can't do it. Therefore, you have to have the physical to even worry about the mental aspect. So, I have the physical and usually the mental.  My skiing is really coming together. Eric Hayes has been just the beginning of a new me. 

BISOUS,
LYSS



No comments:

Post a Comment