Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

"Dang, their all tree huggers!"

How are my fellow tree huggers?  Maybe you should give it a try sometime.  Having a home away from home with my second family is indescribable.  Remember the moment when you just needed to be left alone?  Well, we know each other better than ourselves.  There's even those moments when you think you need someone, but truly you need yourself and that tree.  My teammates know when to just mind their own business, and continue their daily routine.

Last year I had a break through with my teammates, but not the coaches.  One of my coaches fell off the side of the Earth last year.  One of my coaches wasn't even paying enough attention to realize that my parents were divorced.  I did't get the results I wanted last year, and I was fighting myself mentally.  I took almost 1.5 months off snow because of an injury.  I wasn't able to get the same improvements in my comeback to return to where I was before the injury.  My teammates were always there when they we needed.  They went skiing with me when I was on crutches.  I went one ski skiing to keep my skis under my feet.

It may seem as if we are just each others support systems, but we are best friends.  We have memories  upon memories and inside jokes only between us.  Many of the people on our team still don't understand some of our simplest jokes.  Having inside jokes between us has allowed us to bond even closer and become just alike sisters.  We know each other better than we know ourselves.  We don't only spend time together skiing but also in school and other sports.  We are sisters and when the ages shift we can make changes to all our relationships and make them stronger.

Sicily and I in Moab, Utah
This past weekend, one of my friends and I went to Moab together.  We have been teammates for a long time and have become best friends.  Sicily and I went zip lining, mountain biking, and cliff jumping this weekend in Moab.  It has been an incredible weekend, and I was able to do more than I thought I would.  She has been teaching me how to mountain bike with the team here in Park City, but she has made me more confortable.  It was really fun to spend the weekend with a great friend, and one of my fellow tree hugger's.

BISOUS,
LYSS

No comments:

Post a Comment