Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Escaping Life

I'm just one of the average kids with average problems.  Everyone approaches challenges and changes differently.  Some have been less fortunate than others.  For me, the past few years have been the hardest.  I escaped from my personal life into a world of snowflakes, trees, and chairlifts.  Tree hugging has become a definite passion.  They give off a warmth, and pure silence.  Sometimes it's the only thing needed.

I keep EVERYTHING to myself.  You know those people who are all over the place, well I'm the complete opposite.  I've been trying to figure out better communication of feelings and thoughts.  I have a crystal clear memory of one cold night training down Payday at Park City Mountain Resort.  It was our first SL, slalom, training of the season.  The pace was set and our goal was to get a time.  I tried and tried over and over, but never got a time during our session.  I wasn't ready to quit, went and hugged a tree, and asked to run the U14s course.  It was the run of a lifetime.  All I could think was "I hugged a tree," and it made all the difference in the world.


Photo Credits: Glenn Weinrich


 Photo Credits: Aaron Lyles

Tree's are just living organisms, and who knows if anything makes a sound if no ones there to hear it. For some reason, I've always had a connection and safely with tree's.  They don't help you change the way your skiing, but the thoughts running through your brain.  I've always loved the thought of the unknown, and never knowing what's going to happen.  The adrenaline rush has always pushes me further.  I've created a goal to become a better overall skier; not only in racing, but off piect and in the terrain park.  Skiing is an escape from anything and everything except skiing.  Now, if your looking for a real escape try hugging a tree.

BISOUS,
LYSS



No comments:

Post a Comment