Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Strong Season Finale!!

Hello Tree Huggers! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been crazy with my U16 time coming to an end with one last race series, Last Chance and Snow Cup. As you may know, Park City really has no snow, and therefore we haven't had training in almost two weeks. This has been the worst season yet, but hopefully with all the improvements to the resorts here snow will come. At least it ended with a bang!
April 14, 2015 Snow Cup GS! Creds: Cam Chin


Last Chance are the slalom races and Snow Cup is the GS and SG races at Snowbird. They are open races However, the SG was cancelled for tomorrow. The racing season has ended but the snow is coming. Predicted 40 inches at Snowbird, and dangerous conditions for speed racing. So, tomorrow is cancelled, that's a wrap. The races didn't go as planned, but finally got my shit together and the pieces all fell into place for a result (even though it was only for second run...)!
Snow Cup GS Start! A tribute to our departing coach Tina Nardi!

Today, was amazing, many goals were achieved and progress proven to myself. My mindset was set on racing for me, not anyone or anything else. It's kind of funny I listened to the same song all day without realizing it until someone else pointed it out after the race. The weather was overcast but not too bad. The visibility wasn't really a problem until I put the wrong lens in my goggles...oops. Well first run wasn't bad ending in 23rd. I made the flip and ran 8th for second run, and the times were stacked. Meaning the times were very close, and in this situation they were in 18th 70.00, 70.01, 70.02, 70.03, 70.04, and finally I had a 70.05. I knew the jump could be made, but was focused on how I needed to ski to get the result. In racing I have learned to stay in the exact time never in the past or the possible future. Here was my plan: release at the gate, on-on, generate speed, on-on, light through, release the ski. Closely executed and a fast run ending with a 76.76 and 146.81 combined, 11th overall. I was able to prove to myself something everyone has been telling me about. I'm still shocked.

Next time for surgery and the transition to FIS Women's team and Western Region. FIS is international rankings.

BISOUS,
LYSS

No comments:

Post a Comment