Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

The FIS Plan

Hello Tree Huggers! The time has come and I am now a FIS Women. Incredible how fast time flies. Tina has decided to focus all her time on her adventure company and no longer coaches. She will be missed dearly. I wish her the best of luck with her future and hope to see her around town. I haven't skied since Snow Cup, but wish I could head over to Snowbird for a couple of runs! Missing the snow already, but the hiking trails have come to great use while I can't do too much!

This summer, Dryland starts on June 1st, 5 days a week for two and a half hours. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in the gym while spending Tuesday and Thursday in city park! Then I will be spending lots of time especially in June doing all the classes to be able to get all the credits needed. That will include a online or summer class of World Civ (1.0), Geography 1(.05), PE (0.5), Health (0.5), and English 10 (1.0). Geography is the first half of the class I completed during last summer. In July, I will go to Hood and then spend time with my family on trips around the country. Then back into school come the end of August. It's going to be a busy summer!
The five small incisions...the other one on the outside!

UPDATE: Surgery
Recovery is on it's way. No cast needed, mostly because of too much swelling, but also it could to get movement going soon! The stitches are out and there are five small incisions and one bigger one, but all healing well. PT is about to get started and here is the plan. Active movement for the first two weeks, Passive for the next four, and then strength. When completed, everything will be pretty good, but may never be able to do push-ups or anything in that position again, but range of motion looks like a full recovery. Exciting! Can't wait for all these injuries to be completely healed and I can do everything again!

UPDATE: Life
So, I got my permit! I could've gotten it a while ago, but skiing makes no room for some life items. In about seven months I'll be sixteen!! Some of my teammates are sixteen now (Charlotte and Sicily), Julia and Ava are next, and finally Kati then ME! Of course I am the youngest....on the entire team including the mens team. Other than that trying to keep up with all my school work, and online classes for my freshman year before I start the sophomore bunch online. School's winding down and finals coming up soon!

BISOUS,
LYSS

No comments:

Post a Comment