Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WRIST SURGERY

Photo Creds: the one and only mom.
Hello Tree Huggers, as some of you may know, I have been struggling with an injury to my wrist for a while now. Since, now I'm feeling slightly better I will give you an update. On last Friday, I went in to Park City Medical Center for wrist Surgery by Karen Heiden. I was in the OR for over two hours, but the result was good. Actually the best it possibly could've been. Which was good to hear, but she needed to repair some things that weren't expected. However, now I am on the road to recovery and ready to become stronger than ever!!

This is how it all went down. Last year, in Hawaii, I broke my scaphoid but there was other damage. Which we found out about a while ago, but skiing was more important and this wasn't urgent. In fact, we were trying to avoid surgery completely. That didn't work out so well so here I am having surgery and of course already trying to push it. Oops. I may need to be casted but not sure yet. If not, then a removable hard costume brace for a while. For rehab, I am waiting for the 6 week post op date to come to start strengthening. That is right when dryland starts so there may need to be some modification. 

FAREWELL 2014/2015 SEASON
I visited my team at ski testing the day after surgery, obviously drugged up and ready to go skiing even though I unfortunately can't. However, I went to get some coaches gifts together and take a look at the new skis. Cam, we won't be putting our pants down anytime soon! And farewell to Cam, Tina, and Colleen. Thank you to all my teammates for making this year amazing. Good luck next season to all the first years, and can't wait to spend another year with my 99 besties. That's a wrap and it's been rad winter! 

I AM A PARK CITY FIS WOMEN! OMG! I still remember those days looking up to them and thinking wow I would be lucky to ever get there. Well here I am, and even though I just had surgery I will be working with the team starting on June 1st for dryland. I will let you know my summer plan and plan for the upcoming years. I am lucky to be a freshie now so I will have 3 years still in school and skiing! Looking forward to see what the future brings but for now I'm going to live in the moment. 

BISOUS,
LYSS

No comments:

Post a Comment