Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Living Moment to Moment

Hey Tree Huggers! I never understood how something could go so wrong so fast, and not get better just as fast. As humans, we think and think about everything. When something goes wrong we think a lot about it. You may only take one step backwards but have to take four forward to get back to where you were. I have been learning more about confidence lately and how to bring yourself back. It turns out fear is caused by less self confidence. To avoid negative self talk you need to focus on the positive.

GoPro Training; Left to Right Alyssa, Liza, Gabby
Right before Bogus I fell jump training and ended up getting slightly injured but mostly terrified. I guess I was pretty scared before the jump training but it just pushed me over the edge. I was questioning even racing at Bogus before the race, in the start, during the race, and repeat. Once I finished I was so relieved and excited I finished. The time and place didn't even matter, but I do wish I did better. Coming back from that mental rockbottom I have been trying to go from point D-A all at once, but have learned it will come over time. Something that is on the right track currently, and with the amazing support of my teammates and coaches. I'm back in it and really excited for WinterPark!!

I have learned these exercises from Sports Phycology. One for focus and the other to stay positive and take pride in the daily successes from daily goals that are set.

FOCUS 5321: these all uses different aspects of focus.
Broad External for 5 minutes: close your eyes; focus on the sounds around you without letting you mind get distracted in thought.
Broad Internal for 3 minutes: close your eyes; focus on how you are feeling physically and what is happening inside your body without letting you mind wander.
Narrow External for 2 minutes: find a small object; focus on every single detail of that object without any distractions
Narrow Internal for 1 minute: close your eyes; focus on absolutely nothing just like when you space out and keep from thinking about anything else or any distractions. THINK ABOUT NOTHING

DAILY GOALS:
- What is my goal today?
- Did I achieve this goal? If so, how?
- What was good about today?
- Is there a new goal/approach for tomorrow?

These I have just recently started to try. I will let you know how it goes.

Yes, these are the mens bibs...so the guys looked like they were wearing baby bibs!
Left to Right: Julia, Char, Bridey, Kati, Liza, Shaye, Sicily, Alyssa, Ava
BISOUS,
LYSS

2 comments:

  1. What are your favorite types of skis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you maybe write a post about winter park? Some of my friends were talking about it, so I am curious what it is like!

    ReplyDelete