Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Racing in an Unknown Region

Hello Tree Huggers! So, not much has changed since yesterday. Some team drama and the seven boys all rooming together letting no one get any sleep, but otherwise everything is had been going well. The house we are staying at has a hot tub, but we are having a hard time keeping it a hot tub. I am rooming with three girls from jackson and Ava. Sicily is sleeping on an air mattress in the closet which is huge. Last night at our team meeting I got my bib. The ones in Winter Park are really cool, and different than ours at home.

Today, when I arrived at Winter Park Resort we had to walk about a mile to the lodge from the parking lot. It was ridiculous. Then once we arrived at the lodge we get dressed downstairs then took our bags upstairs. When we dropped our bags off everyone in the entire room looked our way. It was really awkward and it seemed as if we knew no one. I took the lift up and took some runs on Cramer to Village Way then finally down Larry Sale. The snow was really nice and firm, much different from our conditions.

First run, some mistakes were made and it wasn't that good, but I ended up moving into 21st. My outcome goal was to drop my bib, but that didn't exactly happen. I ran 10th second run because of the flip. That run was definitely not my best. I skied a conservative line and it was overall just not fast. I finished in 26th for that run. When the times were combined I ended up in 23rd and didn't score any points, but that is okay. I am excited for tomorrow and the dual slalom sunday!
Blue skies and pure relaxation at the start, it is absolutely gorgeous!

BISOUS,
LYSS

No comments:

Post a Comment