Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Tetons: Snowking Qualifier

Hey Tree Huggers! I'm just headed home from Jackson Hole! It's been an interesting weekend with some good runs and sections, but nothing to be too excited about. It's time to focus on tactics...let's just say mine are SLOW. In racing the slower you are the worse you are. The past week I've been trying out some new boots which might end up working, but it's midseason equipment issues. Some people might not agree with that choice but it's been fine.

Pre UOP Jump Training; Photo Creds: Mom
The GS race was on Saturday and had a 9:30 Start. I ran bib 38 and ended up 34th which wasn't good at all for me. During races you can check the results in LIVE TIME online, it's really cool and how family can keep up with all the results! I was happy to finish but I didn't score any points except for JO points. So, JOs isn't going to happen because I just have made too many mistakes in races this year. I have had many other success points and huge improvements have been made. It is really exciting to think how far I've come! There isn't really words to describe it. Today I raced Slalom and skied with too much shape first run, but coming into second run I had a better idea but ended up hiking about 2/3 of the way down the course. Which I have done plenty of times this season.

It has been a mentally tough series for me and many of my competitors, but not all. Some of my teammates have had their position in JO's from the beginning and they're just having fun. Meanwhile, some of us are nervous, but I was excited to be there racing. There was a time when I wasn't sure about racing and if I wanted to continue, but now I have that back. My eyes were opened to what other people had been feeling as well. Alike how I was feeling and it was interesting for me to here their mindset. I learned I have come a long ways since rockbottom this season. That was right before bogus in a crash at the utah olympic park where I sustained a shin and head injury. I still have a ways to go, but looking forward to having a while before the next series.

BISOUS,
LYSS


No comments:

Post a Comment