Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Probably the Longest Slalom Ever!

Hello Tree Huggers! Again I am in Winter Park, Colorado for the SmartWool series! Today we raced slalom, and luckily the women's course was skiers left. The course had a major left fall away, or the direction a ball would go if dropped at the top, but was much flatter than the GS run yesterday. All the races are being held in the same place. Here is a picture with the GS in black, SL in purple, and the Dual in red. The Dual is being held tomorrow.
This is just the base and beginning of WinterPark Photo Creds
Today I started in about the middle of the field. Which is expected with my extremely high points. First run, the course was set very simply with no tricks. Therefore, I was focusing on releasing under the gate, my focus, and flexing into the outside boot. First run was okay in general. I ended up running 2nd for second run. The set was a little more offset than first run but alike. Second run was better for me and overall I am happy with the results so far this weekend. I did end up with a finish that will drop my points by 20. Points are individual to each event and the lower the better.

Pulling the carts trough the parking lot....
Yesterday we found out these little carts existed for carry kids equipment. I mean we are kids right? Anyway, we used the carts to carry all our gear: two pairs of slalom skis, slalom poles, boot bag, extra jackets (since it was warm and there wasn't room in our bags,) and PROBAR's. PROBAR is a new team sponsor. Let's just say my back and shoulders needed the break so we took advantage of these "kids" equipment carts. TOMORROW IS THE DUAL!

BISOUS,
LYSS

No comments:

Post a Comment